I had the best of skin and hair during pregnancy. It was only then that I came to know what flawless and glowing skin actually is and I also began believing in Dove’s tag line which says “good skin needs no makeup”.
However, things changed soon after the fairy took away all the so called delivery glow. Moreover, a super busy life after becoming a mother didn’t leave me with any chance to take care of my skin or hair or looks.
Dressing up sanely, having tidy hair and looking just about okay is all what my beauty regime consisted of. My makeup stuff got buried in the innermost shelf of my cupboard and I just felt like I have no time to look after myself.
I had no idea what to do and what was going on. But one thing I knew for sure and that was that life will take a few years to get back to normal. And by the time life gets back to normal I would have lived 30 years of my life and would anyway feel age setting in. So, I thought that it’s time to wake up and take care of myself to make myself beautiful from the inside if not with the help of cosmetics or makeup.
In such a case, there are a few things that I try to do to look decently good at least when I am out. Here are 5 simplest beauty tips that all Mummas can use without any investment at all:
1. Drink loads of water. It is the best moisturizer for your skin and hair. 10 glasses a day can do you lots of good.
2. Do not touch your face again and again as it will leave more germs on the skin causing outbreaks. Also, do not wipe your face dry with a hand towel or napkin after washing. Let it dry it on its own or pat it dry if you’re in a hurry.
3. Aim to eat at least one fruit a day. My principle says, ‘One fruit a day, keeps the doctor away’.
4. Do not put your digestive system to work before attending Mother Nature’s call! (You know what I mean!)
5. Try to go natural. Once a mother, you are not left with any time to buy or use cosmetics, so why not use the ones readily available in your kitchen? How about applying some tomato juice to your face while preparing lunch or how about applying curd to your hair to bring them back to life?
These are just a few of the small and free-of-cost changes that I made to my daily lifestyle to feel healthy and beautiful. Despite these, life seems to run a never-ending race and we are all on the lookout for those typical beauty tips which come handy when we are in a super hurry. Check out some of those in my article ’10 Beauty Tips for a Busy Mom’.
I would be happy to know what are the changes that you made in the ‘self-care’ section of your life to feel and stay beautiful. So don’t forget to use the comments section below! 🙂