I was waiting for the WonderBoxx eagerly to arrive, since the time I came to know about the product and its features.
It finally arrived after an unbearable wait and I opened it to enjoy it during the Mumma-Son playtime at home.
I was amazed to see the presentation of the box, which was wrapped in a colorful kid theme wrapping paper, upon tearing which the real product presented itself to us.
All the items (inside the box) were wrapped in a pink paper and there was a lot of reading material inside the box which explained in detail the concept of Wonderboxx and how alumni from prestigious universities and institutes all over the world have put their brilliant minds in coming up with this wonderful product.
What is WonderBoxx?
As the name suggests, Wonderboox is a box and listed below are its key features:
- A box that is delivered to your doorstep monthly and that you need to subscribe to.
- Contains hands-on learning tools, toys, DIY activities, games, books and other similar objects that kids can have fun with and can use to learn educational concepts.
- Caters to kids of different age groups beginning from 1 year to over 5 years.
- Each month’s box is based on an innovative and new theme than the previous one, like the one I got was based on ‘Awesome Opposites’.
- The Awesome Opposite box contained:
A puzzle based on opposites
Storytelling cards which required the child to finish stories by placing stickers in the right place
Babushkas (Wooden Animal models) in different colors, sizes and expressions to match and place against cards
Lacing Opposite Cards which required the child to lace opposite cards onto a board to get a better understanding of opposites while increasing their motor skills
Action Opposites Band for learning opposites and memorizing them using a simple activity
Who is WonderBoxx meant for?
WonderBoxx is meant for kids of the following age group:
- 1-3 years (Toddlo)
- 3-5 years ( Kiddo)
- Over 5 years (Ginomo)
Kids of the age group listed above are at the peak of absorbing information and facts and an innovative product like Wonderboxx helps them learn important concepts by the means of fun and play.
Why I liked WonderBoxx?
The Wonderboxx theme for the month was “Awesome Opposites” and trust me, it truly was awesome. The various projects, toys, DIYs and activities that I received in the box were ideal for my son (2 years old) because it helped him to:
- Strengthen his language: He now knows and understand words like ‘above the water and under the water’, ‘strong’ and ‘weak’, ‘yummy’ and ‘yucky’ and even ‘tall’ and ‘short’. It was amazing to see my son pick up so many words so quickly just by doing one fun activity of matching opposites.
- Organize and structure objects: The box came with a set of ‘Babushkas’ and my son learnt a lot from the simple activity of matching the top and bottom of different Babushkas and placing them against the respective cards. He got a better understanding of pairing up, organizing and structuring things through this activity.
- Increase his attention span: All the activities of Wonderboxx Awesome Opposites box were so interesting and engaging that it could manage to keep my otherwise fidgety son glued to his seat for 30 mins in a row. This helped him increase his attention span and also gave me a good opportunity to spend time with him at a stretch.
- Increase his knowledge: I don’t think I would have been able to teach my two year old the meaning of ‘opposites’, leave apart teaching him opposite words! But the ‘lacing the opposites’ activity of Wonderboxx helped me to get a step ahead. My son now knows ‘big and small’, ‘many and less’ and he now tells me that ‘Good Morning’ means ‘day’ and ‘Good Night’ means ‘night’! I smile proudly when I see this coming from him!
- Develop an interest towards learning:My kid, just like other kids, has grown up playing with balls, rattles, soft toys, buses, cars, blocks, xylophones and other regular toys. This was the first time that he came across a toy that taught him something that he needed to learn and gave him some food for the mind – something that he could use in day-to-day life. WonderBoxx helped him develop an interest towards educational concepts through fun methods.
Why I didn’t like WonderBoxx?
- The box is full of small objects and activities that have materials with a lot of pieces. In no time, my bed or the play mat is full of puzzle pieces or has other play parts lying here and there. So if you’re buying this, be ready to clean up the small mess that your curious toddler will create every other hour.
- The puzzle parts of the toys, the cards, the boards etc. are all made up of paper and kids tend to peel them off out of curiosity and for fun. It would have been better if the paper had been replaced by some other material which is not easily tear-able by children.
The WonderBoxx needs to be subscribed to and its MRP is Rs. 1500. However, there are lot of interesting offers if you are looking to subscribe to it and using the various discounts available, you can get good offs and get it for a price of Rs. 1000 or even Rs.850 for a box.
The website offers free shipping across India and also has COD (cash-on-delivery) option for its customers.
You can order a WonderBoxx online or buy a subscription of your own by visiting www.wonderboxx.com
My WonderBoxx Awesome Opposites Review
WonderBoxx as a product is simply amazing and very creative as well as useful for your child. I haven’t seen a product that can double up so beautifully as a toy and an educational object. I no longer need to show videos or rhymes on the internet to my son, to make him have his food. I just give him any one activity of the WonderBoxx and he finishes his meals in no time, playing with Babushkas or opposite puzzles.
If you have a child who is under 8 years old, then WonderBoxx is a must buy and must try product and if not, then you can buy it for kids of your friends or relatives and you won’t be happier than this to have gifted something so unique, so useful and so innovative to your loved ones.