The biggest problem I faced after delivery was that of falling hair. All the beautiful hair that came in with pregnancy was gone and all I had in hand every time I combed my hair was – countless hair strands.
I thought about doing a post on other more common hair problems among women, but realized that problems like frizzy hair, dull hair, dandruff, scalp irritation etc. set in only if there is hair in the first place! This is the reason I thought that a post on ‘Top 15 Home Remedies For Quick Hair Growth’ is a must for all Mummas out there.
Listing down magical home remedies for quick hair growth. Choose the one that suits you and work up your way to beautiful, thick and lustrous hair.
Top 15 Home Remedies For Quick Hair Growth
- Let me begin with the one that I’m using right now. Take Hibiscus flower powder and add enough rose water to it to make a paste of a slightly runny consistency. Now apply this paste to your scalp and hair and let it dry for 20 minutes. Wash off with a mild shampoo. You can also coconut oil instead of rose water. Repeat twice a week.
- Apply a mashed ripe banana to your hair roots and complete hair strands. Keep it on for about 45 minutes and rinse off with water. Don’t forget to cover your hair with a shower cap or a regular plastic bag.
- Take a few onions (according to your hair length) and blend them in a mixer or blender. Sieve the paste to extract the onion juice and apply this fresh onion juice to your scalp immediately. Let it stay for 20 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo soon after. Do this once a week regularly for best results.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel on to your hair and its roots. Aloe vera gel that you get on cutting open aloe vera leaves is the most preferred for this remedy.
- Prepare green tea and apply it to your hair. Leave for an hour and clean off. Repeat once a week.
- Crush 5-6 cloves of fresh garlic and boil it in olive oil or coconut oil and apply it to your hair in a massaging motion. Repeat every time you oil your hair.
- Beat 1 egg (or 2 if you have long hair), 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey together. Apply this mixture onto your scalp and hair for half an hour and wash off. Repeat twice a week for best results.
- Take amla (gooseberry) juice and lemon juice in equal quantities and mix well. Apply evenly to your hair and let it dry. Once it dries, wash off with water.
- My neighbor told me this one! Take 2 tablespoons of methi (fenugreek seeds) and soak them in water overnight (7-8 hours). Make a paste of the soaked seeds the next morning and apply the paste evenly to your hair. Wash off the paste with warm water after an hour or so.
- Applying potato juice to your hair and scalp once a week can also help to fight the problem of thinning hair.
- Mix a cup of potato juice, an egg and a teaspoon of honey well. Apply it evenly to your hair and scalp for two hours and clean off with a mild shampoo and water.
- Applying egg white to your hair once a week is excellent for hair growth as it nourishes and conditions the hair deeply.
- Flip your hair upside down everyday for five minutes at a stretch. This will improve blood circulation improving hair growth.
- Take 1/2 cup of coconut oil and boil 7-8 curry leaves in it. The result would be a black residue, which you should then apply to your hair. For best results, repeat twice in a week.
- Also, remember one home remedy that can be used anywhere at any time: Massage your hair everyday for five minutes. It need not necessarily be an oil massage. You can simply rub fingers onto your scalp in circular motion using gentle pressure.
These are some of the home remedies for hair growth that you can easily make use of as most of the ingredients used in these are readily available at home. Irrespective of which home remedy you choose, ensure that you follow it regularly for the desired and best results.