A Big HELLO to all mums and mums-to-be!
I hope you all are doing great!
I am really excited since the day I got to know that I am going to guest blog for Being Mumma!
I have been making so many projects for babies but never thought of making something for the mothers.
So here’s to the bravest act of motherhood – PREGNANCY!
I am sharing with you a tutorial to make your very own DIY pregnancy journal – to simply journal the beautiful moments and experiences of your pregnancy. Its a mini journal and pretty easy to make and of course exciting for all you pregnant beauties!.
Sharing the picture tutorial with details of every page below…
DIY Pregnancy Mini Journal
This is how the cover looks (YES!!! its Lime and Lemon considering the gender of the baby is opted SURPRISE!)
- Open binding mini journal (remove inserts if any)
- Lots of card stock (I used white, lime and lemon colours)
- Printed papers (I used lime and lemon checks and shaped pockets of colourful polka dots)
- Pregnancy related colouring images/stamps and sentiments (you can always print these).
- A pair of scissors, glue tape runner and glue drops
Page 1: Positive Test Result
- Opens like a card.
- Space to add a picture of positive pregnancy test and to journal the first reaction.
Page 2: Ultrasound Results
- Journal the date, doctor, size of the bub and feelings to see the bundle of joy in the ultrasound.
- Opens like a card and can fit 2 ultrasound pictures.
- Slides in and out vertical rectangular pocket using cute ultrasound tab that i hand drew (but you can always get this stamped).
- Jot down those heartfelt feelings. Those beats can be captured in a mini CD and can be slid onto the last page using an envelope.
- Opens like a card and has ample of space to journal.
Page 4: Cravings and Aversions
- 2 tab pages to note those yummy cravings and those ewwww aversions.
- These tabs slides in a vertical rectangular pocket.
Page 5: Names
- 2 tabs, one for Girl names and the other for Boy names that you shortlisted.
- These tabs slide at the back of the envelope and reveal the Actual Name on opening the envelope.
Page 6: Shopping for Two
- Card style in a triangular pocket, to paste snaps of the shopping for big belly Mumma and the unborn baby
- Names or pics of all the friends who are pregnant at the same time as you are.
Page 8: 1st, 2nd and 3rd months’ photos
- Records the doctor’s name, nurses’ details, hospital name, estimated due date, actual birth date, feelings, etc.
And it is all WORTH IT!!!!
Thanks for hopping by my post. I hope you enjoyed the tutorial as much as I did making it…
So grab the material and get going to journal your BEST EVER experience.
See you later!
Lots of Love…