Those of you who follow me on Instagram and Facebook know very well that I have a 4 year old extra energy filled bundle of joy in my life who (owing to his age) needs to be kept busy all times of the day to save him from boredom, irritation or even frustration!
I have a variety of colors, coloring sheets, blocks, puzzles, play sets, board games and all at home to keep him engaged and it would not be an exaggeration to say that we have almost a room full of toys for him.
But, we all know how kids are and we all know very well that they can’t remain hooked onto any toy or game for long. Precisely that is what makes kids – kids!
With such an active child at home, comes lot of responsibility and mind work to keep him engaged – creatively, intellectually and gadget-less-ly! It was just at this time that the Globe Trotters guys sent me their Globe Trotters India Box for product review. I have reviewed a handful of activity boxes in the past on my blog and earlier I felt like this is just another one in the series. But, it wasn’t! Read my review to know why…
As the name suggests, it is a box (read: activity box) for our little globe trotters, travel lover kids who like to take life one country at a time! This is a box full of craft activities that give your child a fair idea about the culture, traditions and beliefs of a particular country.
Since my child is only 4 years old and he’s still getting the hang of the concept of the different countries of the world, I chose the ‘Globe Trotters India Box’ to be sent to me for review.
What was in the Globe Trotters India box…
What I liked about the box…
- I haven’t come across any box before this which is so travel-specific, or geography-specific and that is what this box different for me than other activity boxes.
- All activities were mostly craft-based requiring handwork and focus which is perfect for a child of this age and which is also a skill that children at this age need to develop.
- Since almost all activities required handwork, they invariably required the involvement of an adult which gave me a very good opportunity to carry out an activity together with my child and spend some quality time with him.
- The world map puzzle which came along with the box was a good play and learn activity which helped my son remember the distinguishing features of so many countries. For instance, he very well remembers that Australia is all about Kangaroos.
- All activities of the India Box are culture and tradition based activities and give the child a sneak peak into the Indian culture.
- The Globe Trotters India box is a perfect combination of fun, education, adventure and discovering the Indian culture.
What you should also know about the Globe Trotters India Box…
All the activities (except for one or two) that came with the box were one time activities and finish off when once carried out with your child. All in all, you cannot enjoy the activities of the box repeatedly and done once is done forever. Unlike other activity boxes, the activities of which can be repeated as long as you want.
INR 1,099/- (also available for INR 899/-).
This activity box is ideal for kids who are:
- in the age group of 4-6 years and 6-12 years.
- craft activity and hand work lovers.
- travel lovers and globe trotters!
I liked the concept of the box, the uniqueness of the craft activities, the good quality of the products provided to carry out the activities and also the utility of the finished products. This makes me give it 4 stars out of 5.
- This is not a paid review.
- The opinion expressed as product review is purely my own and might differ from that of other buyers.