Pregnancy Journal – DIY
A Big HELLO to all mums and mums-to-be!
I hope you all are doing great!
I am really excited since the day I got to know that I am going to guest blog for Being Mumma!
I have been making so many projects for babies but never thought of making something for the mothers.
So here’s to the bravest act of motherhood – PREGNANCY!
I am sharing with you a tutorial to make your very own DIY pregnancy journal – to simply journal the beautiful moments and experiences of your pregnancy. Its a mini journal and pretty easy to make and of course exciting for all you pregnant beauties!.
Sharing the picture tutorial with details of every page below…
Pregnancy Journal – DIY
This is how the cover looks (YES!!! its Lime and Lemon considering the gender of the baby is opted SURPRISE!)
- Open binding mini journal (remove inserts if any)
- Lots of card stock (I used white, lime and lemon colours)
- Printed papers (I used lime and lemon checks and shaped pockets of colourful polka dots)
- Pregnancy related colouring images/stamps and sentiments (you can always print these).
- A pair of scissors, glue tape runner and glue drops
Page 1: Positive Test Result
- Opens like a card.
- Space to add a picture of positive pregnancy test and to journal the first reaction.
Page 2: Ultrasound Results
- Journal the date, doctor, size of the bub and feelings to see the bundle of joy in the ultrasound.
- Opens like a card and can fit 2 ultrasound pictures.
- Slides in and out vertical rectangular pocket using cute ultrasound tab that i hand drew (but you can always get this stamped).
Page 3: Listening to the Heart Beat
- Jot down those heartfelt feelings. Those beats can be captured in a mini CD and can be slid onto the last page using an envelope.
- Opens like a card and has ample of space to journal.
Page 4: Cravings and Aversions
- 2 tab pages to note those yummy cravings and those ewwww aversions.
- These tabs slides in a vertical rectangular pocket.
Page 5: Names
- 2 tabs, one for Girl names and the other for Boy names that you shortlisted.
- These tabs slide at the back of the envelope and reveal the Actual Name on opening the envelope.
Page 6: Shopping for Two
- Card style in a triangular pocket, to paste snaps of the shopping for big belly Mumma and the unborn baby
Page 7: My pregnant friends
- Names or pics of all the friends who are pregnant at the same time as you are.
Page 8: 1st, 2nd and 3rd months’ photos
Page 9: 4th, 5th and 6th months’ photos
Page 10: 7th, 8th and 9th months’ photos
Page 11 :Record
- Records the doctor’s name, nurses’ details, hospital name, estimated due date, actual birth date, feelings, etc.
Page 12 : First look of the baby
And it is all WORTH IT!!!!
Thanks for hopping by my post. I hope you enjoyed the tutorial as much as I did making it…
So grab the material and get going to journal your BEST EVER experience.
See you later!
Lots of Love…